In your discussion, be sure to discuss developing collaborative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families.
Case Study Assignment Requirements
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three references in your case study paper; this may include peer-reviewed journal articles, textbooks, or evidence-based practice websites to support the content.
- All reference sources must be within 5 years.
- Do not use sources such as Wikipedia or UpToDate as a reference.
- Assignments must have at least four full pages of analytic content, double-spaced (the cover and reference pages do not count in the page count, but must be included with the assignment), and follow APA 7th edition format.
Phil is a 54-year-old with type 2 diabetes. After he was initially diagnosed with the condition, his physician referred him to an ophthalmologist for a comprehensive eye examination. Phil had been struggling with the lifestyle changes he was required to make. He was able to return to a healthy weight with physical exercise and dietary changes, but he worked long hours and ate poorly when on business trips. Phil missed his second annual checkup with his ophthalmologist because of such a trip. When he finally made it in, she examined him and stated there was no evidence of small retinal hemorrhages and cotton-wool exudates. She emphasized his need to reduce his hypertension and hyperlipidemia and wrote up a report for his physician.
- How do visual disturbances arise from background and proliferative retinopathy?
- How might blindness occur with a prolonged detached retina? Explain using your knowledge of pathophysiology.
- What are the similarities and differences between traction retinal detachment and rhegmatogenous detachment?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.