Go to the following web link- http://media.hhmi.org/biointeractive/click/trophiccascades/?_ga=2.71133017.874546303.1495559246-1279517233.1480957413
- Complete the first slides of the introduction. Next, follow the first example of sea otters, and answer the following questions.
- Choose 1 of the case studies provided and write a summary of what happens when:
- the top predator is present,
- including direct, indirect,
- positive and negative effects.
- Complete what happens when the top predator is removed.
- What does the otter eat? _________________
- How does the consumption by the otter affect the growth of the Kelp forest?
- Is this a direct or indirect effect? _________________
- Is this a positive or negative effect?_________________
- What happened to the kelp forest when the otter was hunted to near extinction?
- How did the gull diet change with the removal of the otter from the ecosystem?
- How did the eagle diet change with the removal of the otter from the ecosystem?
Removal of the sea otter, a top predator also had an impact on two other species, the gull and the Eagle.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.