Students review and build upon leadership and management principles. Emphasis is placed on understanding the health care system and social forces affecting care delivery, effective leadership, patient outcomes, project management, health care policies, basic accounting principles, and entrepreneurship. Students use evidence-based resources, address health competencies and analyze an identified issue while developing a plan of interventions that incorporates current evidence for management of the identified issue. Students will present their capstone work via a poster or podium presentation. Presentation forums may be at their selected venue, at a professional conference, or conducted virtually.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use information and technologies to monitor and provide quality patient care. (PLO 1)
- Demonstrate cultural competence in nursing practice. (PLO 2)
- Provide competent, evidence-based nursing care. (PLO 3)
- Document nursing information and activities in support of safe patient care. (PLO 4)
- Speak clearly and concisely in conveying healthcare information. (PLO 5)
- Collaborate effectively with healthcare team members. (PLO 6)
- Apply empirical research to nursing practice. (PLO 7)
- Apply the Code of Ethics for Nurses in professional nursing practice. (PLO 8)
- Objectively analyze and evaluate data to inform decision-making in nursing practice. (PLO 9)
Welcome to Nurs 499 Capstone in Evidence-Based Professional Nursing Practice
The student will provide a proposal on the approved topic from using Evidence-Based Project in healthcare and their respective community setting. You will develop a protocol supported by evidence, review and critically appraise the literature regarding this topic, and develop a project proposal. The proposal should include the plan for implementation, and evaluation. During week 8, the student will present his/her EBP project and finally, create a poster suitable for presentation at a nursing conference or for publication. The Project must focus on the RN/BSN practice. Please consult your practicing state’s Nurse Practice Act. Your project proposal must not focus on interventions carried out by an Advanced Practice Nurse.
Concepts studied during your progression through the RN-BSN program should be clearly integrated into this assignment. This presentation demonstrates your achievement of the outcomes of the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice as defined by the American Association of College of Nursing
There are eight modules in this course.
Module 1: Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) topic proposal from the identified health concern (approved topic) in NURS 378 (due week 1)
Module 2: Evidence-Based Practice Timeline and Plan (due by Week 2)
Module 3: Literature Review (due end of Week 3)
Module 4: Stakeholder Analysis (due end of Week 4)
Module 5: Stakeholder Communication (due end of Week 5)
Module 6: Evidence-Based Practice Design Paper (due end of Week 6)
Evidence-Based Practice Design Paper
- Background: Community Health Concern and Identification
- Facilitators and Barriers to EBP Implementation
- Organizational Culture
- Proposal for the next steps to address the identified health concern
Module 7: Evidence-based Practice Presentation, Part I
- Presentation in synchronous class session (TBA, Week 7)
- Instructor will schedule presentation date and time
Module 8: Evidence-based Practice Poster Presentation, Part II
- Poster presentation, voice-narrated powerpoint.
Welcome to Week 1
Week one will focus on refinement of the evidence-based practice proposal.
The goal of the Capstone Project. Through the completion of your capstone, a nursing student is expected to demonstrate the ability to create evidence-based analysis for critical situations in a healthcare environment.
The Capstone Project is a process in which students pursue independent research on a question or problem of their choice, engage with the scholarly debates in the relevant disciplines, and – with the guidance of a faculty mentor – produce a substantial paper that reflects a deep understanding of the topic.
The culminating project allows students to develop their skills in critical thinking, research, and organization.
A capstone discussion chapter is a platform to interpret your findings, objectively criticize your research design, and expand on knowledge. Summarizing findings, interpreting what they mean, and comparing them to what you originally proposed are the framework of a capstone.
Describe a situation when you had to summarize findings from comparison data. What were the types of outcomes from these findings?
- Length: 250 Words
- A minimum of 3 references (not older than 5 years) with corresponding in text citations using APA 7TH ED format
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.