To get the modernization ball rolling, you will gather requirements for a new order processing solution, structure the requirements, and ensure they are correct. In addition, you will expose Laggard to web-based applications and mobile computing access. You are eager to get started, before the software team retires and the aging hardware fails. Here are your deliverables for this assignment:
• Produce a legacy system replacement Baseline Project Plan (BPP) for Laggard. Begin with gathering and structuring requirements and end with a web-based order-processing prototype. Make note of the business and technology roles that will participate in various phases of the project, and be sure to include multiple review cycles for requirements review.
• Create a one-page project scope statement explaining why Laggard needs this project.
• Laggard management is risk-averse, so develop a project feasibility study of 3 to 4 pages in MS Word or PowerPoint examining the economic, operational, technical, schedule, legal/contractual, and political risks. Use your existing business or life experience to propose likely risks and mitigations. Stick to the two or three greatest risks in each category.
• Interview sales, order processing, and inventory management team members, and develop an “as-is” data flow context diagram and a two-level drill down showing external entities, processes, data flows, and data stores.
• Create the “to-be” DFD set indicating how online-oriented processes will replace batch processes
• Develop the “as-is” and “to-be” ERDs showing that the “to-be” ERD has multiple ship-to addresses for each customer account, and that orders may have an unlimited number of line items. The “as-is” ERD does not have these flexibilities. Note which entity or entities correspond to which DFD data stores.
• Write an MS Word document or create a PowerPoint presentation describing:
1. an order entry system interface and dialog design specification
2. the simplest success dialog sequence scenario for entering an order
3. two more complex success scenarios
4. two failure scenarios
5. how the failure scenarios relate to the order reject report from the current batch process
• This document will be the interface specification for the order processing prototype you described in the project plan.
Include title and reference pages or slides, as applicable. Make sure your paper or slide presentation follows APA style according to Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Use three Library resources and/or outside academic sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials. You may not use Wikipedia for any assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
• A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article
• A newspaper article
• A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organization
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.