Option #1: Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing
Part One Instructions-Prewriting: Complete this assignment by using your chosen Portfolio topic. For the first part of your Critical Thinking exercise for this module, open a new Word document and title it Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing. Without passing any judgment on your own ideas, generate a list of ideas and/or questions to research more. Put this list of ideas in these heading categories:
- Background of the Problem
- Our Proposed Ideas
- Budgetary Considerations
Note: You should aim to generate 3-5 ideas or more under each of the above headings.
Part Two Instructions-Summarizing: As the second part of your Critical Thinking exercise for this module, within the document titled Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing, add “Summary” right after your prewriting/brainstorm. Your task is to summarize at least four paragraphs from the source you cited in the Module 2 Critical Thinking assignment into no more than two sentences, using no direct quotations. Remember to cite your source using proper APA formatting.
Part Three Instructions-Paraphrasing: For the third part of your Critical Thinking exercise for this module, open the Word document titled Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing, and add “Paraphrasing” right after your Summarizing section. Your task is to paraphrase each individual sentence below and cite each one in proper APA format.
- Original – ” As a rule, begin each paragraph with a topic sentence; end it in conformity with the beginning.” (Strunk & White, 2010, p. 8). Paraphrase & cite.
- Original – “We want to show people that change can occur. Short term, we are working to get everybody on the same page.” (Robinson, 2015, p.228) Paraphrase & cite.
- Dutch sociologist Geert Hofstede argues that culture is the software of the mind. Think of the human mind as a computer” (Neulip, 2012, p.169). Paraphrase & cite.
- Original – “Several kinds of databases are being used in education today. Most libraries now have journals, periodicals, books in their research databases or they access larger research databases such as Lexis Nexis” Aitken, 2017, p.30). Paraphrase & cite.
- Original – “Our research suggests that a global mind-set, in which people see themselves as part of an international network, helps provide an environment that is conducive to dispersed teams” (Siebdrat, Hoegl, & Ernst 2016, p. 68). Paraphrase & cite.
Original – “Terrorism expert Bruce Hoffman writes that the most compelling reason that terrorism is so hard to define is that the term’s meaning has frequently shifted during the past 200 years” (Barnett & Reynolds, 2011, p. 16). Paraphrase & cite.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.