The book used is Childhood and Adolescence Voyages in Development 5th Edition Rathus
This section covers Chapters 3 and 4 discussing:
- Prenatal development.
- Birth and the newborn.
When you successfully complete this lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the stages of prenatal development.
- Discuss various environmental factors that may influence prenatal development.
- Explain events that occur before the beginning of childbirth.
- Identify the stages of childbirth.
- Describe various methods of childbirth.
- Explain possible birth problems.
- Define the postpartum period and discuss possible issues.
- Describe characteristics of neonates.
- Explain what Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is and possible risk factors.
These objectives reflect the important concepts of this lesson and should be used to guide your studies and your preparation for the exam
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.