The field of biological psychology has a strong emphasis on a scientific view of the physiological processes of humans. Throughout our class, you will notice a focus on the biological, genetic, and neurological aspects of human development and human experience. We will spend much time in our class on the biological components of behavior, with the human experience of many psychological & cognitive phenomenon being reduced to their biological foundations. While the biological components of behavior are very important, it is also important to consider the faith-based perspective as well.
Therefore, this first discussion will focus on a scientific as well as a faith-based view of humans.
For this Module: Week’s discussion, please find and read/listen to one current resource (article, blog, video, etc. from within the past 10 years) on the relationship between psychology and Christianity. Make sure to cite the resource in your thread as a reference so your classmates can access it.
Then, respond to the following questions in your initial thread:
• In the resource you studied, does the scientific view of human physiology contrast or disprove a faith-based view of human physiology or does it promote integration where these two views live in harmony?
• Do you agree or disagree with this conclusion?
• How does what you learned about integration shape your study of physiological psychology in this course?
• Make sure to discuss from a scientific and Biblical perspective. Include at least one citation from a scholarly resource and one citation from Scripture to support your point.
The student will post one thread of at least 250 words For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 1 textbook or scholarly research citation, and at least 1 biblical citation, in APA format.. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include the textbook, the Bible, and other scholarly sources.
Initial Thread: You will discuss each topic with reference to course content and a biblical worldview. Present an opinion with research and integrate your perspective with a biblical worldview.
● It is best to avoid using direct quotations from the textbook or any other source (except possibly a short Scripture verse) in any of your threads or replies. These submissions must be in your own words (paraphrased) so that you clearly demonstrate your mastery of the material.
● Do not attach a Microsoft Word document; rather, type directly into the textbox or copy and paste from a Microsoft Word document directly into the textbox.
● Be conversational but stay on topic. Do not simply repeat information you find in our textbook but incorporate your ideas and unique perspectives. After you write your post, compare what you have written to the assignment instructions (for the initial thread and for the reply posts) to ensure that you have addressed each discussion point.
● Citations and references must be written in current APA format.
● Finally, proofread your work carefully to catch spelling, capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure errors. Refer to the grading rubric to ensure an outstanding grade.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.