The major assignment for this course is the development of your personal Integrative Personality Theory. In this paper, you will select one concept from each of the seven models covered in this course to include in your theory. Note that this is not meant to be an overview of each model, and the paper cannot focus on just one model. Rather, you are to select a specific concept from a theory in each model, and you must include one concept from each of the seven models in your final paper.
It is APA formatted already and will guide you through the needed sections.
In this section, you will present the seven specific concepts identified from the seven models you think best apply to the study of personality in distinct subheadings. For each concept, identify the major personality model from which the concept was taken as well as the theorist associated with that model.
Introduction: Provide a general introduction to the topic of theories of personality. Explain what you plan to cover and describe the direction your paper will take. This section will not feature a heading, and it will be approximately two to three paragraphs.
Major Concepts In this section, you will present the seven specific concepts identified from the seven models you think best apply to the study of personality in distinct subheadings. For each concept, identify the major personality model from which the concept was taken as well as the theorist associated with that model. Each concept section should be approximately 4 pages.
Click here for an example of how to structure your discussion of each concept.
- Psychodynamic Model Concept
- Neurobiological Model Concept
- Behavioral Model Concept
- Cognitive Model Concept
- Interpersonal/relational Model Concept
- Trait Model Concept
- Self-Psychology Model Concept
- Excluded Concepts In this section, present the concepts you have chosen to exclude in your theory of personality development. Reflect on the basic assumptions that define personality and identify three specific excluded concepts from any of the theories studied in the course. For each of the excluded concepts, provide a rationale explaining the various aspects of the concept that make it unsuitable for your use and compare and contrast it with the concepts you have chosen to include. Each concept will be approximately one page.
- The Differences between Healthy and Unhealthy Personalities Describe the basic differences between healthy and unhealthy personality, based on the concepts that you have chosen to include and exclude from your theory. This section will be approximately one page.
- The Roles of Heredity, the Environment, and Epigenetics Provide your analysis of the roles heredity, the environment, and epigenetics play in the development of personality. Discuss how heredity and the environment might affect personality disorders. This section will be approximately one page.
- Assessment and Measurement of the Theory Reflect on the major concepts you have selected for inclusion and provide a brief description about how those concepts are measured and/or assessed. Review the assessment sections of each chapter and discuss those measures you think are most applicable and effective. This completed section will be approximately one page.
- Self-Reflection In this section of the paper, review the self-reflection you wrote in Week One of this class and describe how and in what ways your views have or have not changed. Analyze your Week One self-assessment using the concepts that you have included in your integrative theory and describe how your theory explains your personality. This section will be approximately one page.
- Provide a brief conclusion that summarizes the ideas presented in your integrative theory of personality. This section will not feature a heading and it will be approximately two to four paragraphs.
- Allport, G. W. (1968). The person in psychology: Selected essays. Boston, MA: Beacon Press
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.