Using a critical perspective, each student will write a paper about human behavior in groups, based on a group that the student knows well. This paper is to be your analysis of the theory and concepts presented in this class as applied to the group you have selected: theories of human behavior, systems theory, group theory, group dynamics, stages of group development, problem-solving, diversity, oppression, and values and ethics, and links with other research as main components of your analysis.
Specifically, you should address the following:
• Analyze the group dynamics related to: group structure (group composition, group roles, group tasks, membership position and status), group goals and tasks, group norms, group cohesion, and group communication which promote social and economic justice.
• Discuss the stages of group development, and how these stages progressed over time (Pre- affiliation, Power and Control, Intimacy, Differentiation, and Separation)
• Identify and discuss issues which arose in your work group as related to: Gender, Age, Physical and Mental Ability, Class, Race or Multicultural Issues, including Rurality. How did these issues affect the group’s behavior and stages of development? Discuss if/how social and economic justice was achieved.
• Discuss ethical issues in the movie. How were they resolved?
• Discuss implications for generalist social work practice in the rural context.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.