● Describe various causes of cancer.
● Discuss the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
● Identify the use of complementary and alternative medicines to treat cancer.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• HS200-5: Demonstrate an understanding of various types of cancers, treatment options, and the side effects of cancer drugs and chemotherapy.
• GEL-8.02: Apply Critical Thinking to use principles of sound reasoning.
For this Assignment, you will review several case studies on various types of cancers. You will create a PowerPoint presentation on all five case studies, following the guidelines described below.
Case Studies (select to open each case study document):
Your PowerPoint presentation should include the following about each cancer:
● Are there signs and symptoms of the cancer?
● Are there any risk factors which may be genetic and/or lifestyle related? Any possible
● Is there any recommended screening procedure and appropriate diagnoses for the cancer?
● What are the traditional treatment options? Any side effects?
● Are there any recommendation for complementary and alternative medicine treatment
options for the cancer that may help ease side effects and improve patient’s quality of life?
In addition, you must include an introductory slide on cancer, including the roles played by
oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in the development of cancer and a conclusion slide
with your viewpoint about cancer.
Each cancer overview should be no more than 4-5 slides.
The presentation should include a title page with your name, course title, class number and term, and instructor information.
- The presentation should also include a reference slide (or slides, if necessary). At least four professional references (other than your text) must be included. All internet sources must be original articles or government resources (nih.gov, CDC.gov, medlineplus.gov) or from websites of medical Institutes (mayo.edu, mdanderson.org, dana-farber.org) or American Cancer Society (Cancer.org). Wikipedia or other non-peer reviewed resources are not acceptable
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.