The next subject for review will be alcohol service and liability. Using the library or the Internet [i.e. Casetext.com], find a current case related to determining liability for alcohol-related injuries following service in a restaurant, bar, club, lounge, or tour. Use your preferred industry segment as that basis for your search and analysis.
For your analysis, provide a description, explanation, evaluation, and critique of the legal issues represented, the arguments presented, and the court decision made. Finally, outline a plan of action to prevent liability for a subsequent occurrence. Reference elements of STEM in the plan.
• As an industry professional, outline your course of action to prevent injury and liability in a subsequent occurrence.
• As a legal advisor, identify legal concerns and how they would be addressed within the plan
• Both provide supporting resources to validate, corroborate, or provide a contrast for your plan elements.
• When possible, cite previous court cases to show how liability may be incurred.
• Analyze the interrelationship of the decisions made as managers and leaders in the hospitality industry and their legal implications.
• Evaluate operational activities and procedures in various hospitality operational structures and their impact on guests and property.
Case Analysis Details
The expectation is that you identify the primary elements of the case [facts, allegations, arguments, decisions, etc.], describe the outcome following the case or a forecasted outcome of a current case, and evaluate and critique the arguments, decisions, and outcomes.
• Identify facts, allegations, arguments, court decision
• Describe the relevance or significance of decisions based on actual or possible outcomes in relation to the hospitality industry
• Evaluate and critique arguments, decisions, and outcomes
You are being tasked with providing evaluation, analysis, or critique. The assignments in this class are not only providing an outline, timeline, or case brief. The writing does not need to convey agreement with any decision and should be an objective, unbiased assessment of the legal issue, relevant law or precedent, and the outcome. The aim is to demonstrate your understanding of the law, how it is interpreted/implemented, and how it affects the hospitality industry. The focus is on the law in the United States. You can compare and contrast with the law and court cases of other countries, but there has to be a foundation of American law in the writing.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.