A. Discuss two differences in how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an at-risk population in the community versus how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an individual patient in the clinical practice setting. Include scholarly source(s) as part of your response.
B. Describe how the advanced professional nurse will apply two evidence-based strategies to promote interprofessional collaboration within an Advocacy Action Team (AAT). Include one scholarly source to support your description.
C. Analyze data that validates a health issue affecting an at-risk population in the county or state where you live or work. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
D. Describe two characteristics of the at-risk population identified in part C.
E. Analyze how a specific social determinant of health (SDOH) in the county or state is predisposing the at-risk population from part C to the health issue identified in part C.
F. Analyze how current policy is insufficient to address the SDOH identified in part E.
Note: Current policy may be a county ordinance, county or state regulation, state law, program, school curriculum, health initiative, etc.
G. Provide a policy proposal to address the SDOH identified in part E. Include scholarly source(s) to support your policy proposal as part of your response.
1. Describe how the policy proposal could impact the health issue from part C.
2. Discuss how the policy proposal will address diversity in the population to ensure equitable distribution of resources.
3. Describe how the policy proposal upholds two provisions from the ANA Code of Ethics. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
4. Describe two actual or potential barriers in your county or state that impede the implementation of the policy proposal.
H. Provide the name and title of one policymaker with authority to move the policy proposal forward.
1. Provide the rationale for choosing the policymaker identified in part H.
I. Describe two strategies you will use as an advanced professional nurse to strengthen your professional practice as a policy advocate.
J. Create an (I)SBAR summary of the policy proposal using the attached “(I)SBAR Summary Template. Save and submit your (I)SBAR summary as a separate .pdf or .docx document.
Note: Refer to the article titled “Using SBAR to Communicate with Policymakers” found in Unit 3 of the Course of Study.
K. Incorporate the following components of APA style and formatting in your paper:
• bias-free language
• APA-specific rules regarding verb tense, voice, and perspective
• a title page and headers
• in-text citations and references
• APA-specific formatting rules for margins, spacing, numbering, and indentation for the title page and main body of your paper, including headers, bulleted and numbered lists, and tables and figures
L. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.