• Use your Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling text to complete the following:
o Read Chapter 9, “Elaboration on Specific Therapies and Techniques Relevant to Addiction Counseling,” pages 266–300 (some sections of this chapter are in review from previous units).
• Use your Addiction Treatment: A Strengths Perspective text to complete the following:
o Review Chapter 8, “Strengths- and Evidence-Based Helping Strategies,” pages 314–351.
Locate and read an article in the Capella University Library that discusses the application of a family systems approach to a specific addiction (substance use disorder or behavioral addiction). You will use the information in this unit’s second discussion.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
• Research appropriate theoretical applications.
Locate a peer-reviewed journal article in the Capella library database that discusses the application of a family systems approach to a specific addiction (substance use disorder or behavioral addiction). You will notice that some articles describe treatment interventions from a systemic viewpoint that focuses on the family unit rather than on the individual for treatment intervention. In contrast, others will describe systemic interventions that are intended to be among the treatment modalities (such as individual and group) that will be included as part of treatment for addiction for a clearly identified individual client.
Considering the systemic interventions described in your selected article, analyze and discuss the following:
• What may be advantages or disadvantages of the systemic intervention based upon whether the family or the individual is the focus of treatment?
• How does the intervention fit within a model of addiction (disease, moral, biopsychosocial, et cetera)?
• How applicable is the intervention to diverse families and couples?
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.