For this assignment, you will choose any one of the numerous Great Society programs that were initiated during the 1960s. These programs signaled a significant change in the relationship between the citizen and government. In this assignment, you will define that change in relationship, analyze one program, and propose changes that will make this program more successful.
Before starting this assignment, view the “Great Society” video on the following website:
In part one you will explore the overall scope and context of the Great Society legislation, and then you will focus on one specific program and its impact from the 1960s to today.
- Describe the Great Society initiative in general including the historical and social context of the early 1960s
- Describe how this initiative changed the relationship between people and the government
- Choose one element of the Great Society legislation
- Explain the intent of this program
- Fully describe this program and show (with data) any impact of this program from the 1960s to today.
Part Two (1–2 pages):
In part two you will write a letter to any one of your national representatives. You can choose to write either the Senator or Congressperson who represents your community. You can find your representative at
- Introduce yourself and state why you are writing the letter
- Briefly describe the Great Society program you have chosen and show any impact the program has made using the data from part one
- Propose workable changes to make the program better
The total length of your paper should be minimum of 4 pages plus a title and reference page. The paper must be formatted in APA style. You should have a total of four references, at least one of which should be outside of the course materials. Please use only academic resources. Also, remember to use Times New Roman 12-point font, set margins to one inch, and double space your paper.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.