Choose 1 question that you did not complete for the mid-term from the questions below. Each response should be between 8 pages (typed/double-spaced). (minimum 4 references).
Use APA style
Criteria for Evaluation:
The grade for the paper will be based on:
1. Clarity in expression of ideas;
2. Thoughtfulness of your responses.
3. Critical, analytic thinking applied to writing.
4. Integration of course content and readings.
5. Originality of your thinking.
1. In thinking about your current and/or last year’s field placement, how has the supervisory style and skills of your field instructor(s) influenced your learning process and practice. What was your role in the supervisory relationship? What have you learned from your experience/or not learned in supervision that will inform your thinking and behavior as a future supervisor (positive or negative, or both)? In answering this question, consider issues of authority, parallel process, dependency, privilege, autonomy, splitting, boundaries, manipulation, control, power, and differences and similarities between you and your field instructor (e.g., age, gender, race, ethnicity, class, and sexual orientation). Be sure to refer to specific readings.
- Review three (3) readings related to termination. Summarize the readings and apply them to a client (individual, family or group). What do you consider to be the most important aspect in the termination process for your client? How does your termination process from your supervisor parallel or not parallel your termination with your client? What is the most difficult aspect of the termination process with respect to your client/s and your field instructor? Be specific and incorporate relevant literature.
relevant readings on the topic of trauma:
- Define and discuss this concept as it applies to your client population in general, and, if appropriate, to specific client(s) you have worked with in the field.
- Identify and discuss 2 evidence-based practices related to treatment with traumatized clients. Studies may be either published in peer reviewed journals or in doctoral dissertations. (You will need to go online through Bobst library to find such studies).
- Discuss the impact of working with traumatized clients on the clinician. If appropriate, discuss your own reactions to working with such clients. Consider issues of secondary trauma, vicarious traumatization, re-traumatization, compassion fatigue, shared trauma and burnout.
- Each of us finds a particular client or population is difficult to work with. Discuss how a specific case or population has been challenging for you in terms of engagement and therapeutic alliance, boundaries, secondary traumatic stress, and countertransference. Incorporate relevant literature in your discussion.
- The following clinical concepts discussed in class: 1) self-disclosure 2) Projection/Projective Identification 3) Countertransference 4) Transference 5) Authenticity. Discussing your understanding of two of these concepts by providing two relevant case illustrations of your work with an individual, family or group client. Please make sure to integrate and apply readings to support your practice and ideas.
- Schedule an interview with the highest level administrator in your agency (ask your supervisor for input). Develop five (5) questions related to the impact of the current economy on the functioning of the agency, staffing patterns (i.e. hiring/firing) and expectations for the near (next year) and long term (5 years) future. Integrate appropriate readings from any of your courses and/or reliable news sources in your discussion.
- Read and choose The Gift of Therapy or Stories of Pain and Trauma and Survival. How do the author’s experiences and messages equate with your experience as a social work intern. Consider: The meaning of becoming a social worker in your life (personal and professional);
positive and negative aspects of your social work experiences (specifically what you enjoy and dislike) about being a social worker; areas of personal and professional growth and change;
your work with a specific client or clients applying concepts and ideas from the book you choose. How have these books impacted you? What concepts have you applied to your work and what was the outcome? Assess the books using critical thinking.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.