The purpose of this discussion is for you to investigate telehealth and technology relationships to social justice principles.
Case Study Scenario
Watch the following video.
Consumer Informatics/Telehealth Case Study (1:55)
Review the case scenario above and address the following:
- Examine concepts such as equity, respect, self-determinism, health literacy, cyclic disadvantage, and healthcare disparities among marginalized populations or groups and how they affect patient outcomes.
- Compare and contrast how each patient in the video may benefit from telehealth services and the ethical considerations from the viewpoint of the nurse.
- Propose barriers that must be removed to achieve well-being, sufficiency, and healthcare access for all.
Please click on the following link to review the DNP Discussion Guidelines on the Student Resource Center program page:
|Professionalism in Communication||Presents information using clear, concise language in organized manner (0-1 error patterns in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation).||Presents information using clear, concise language in organized manner (2-3 error patterns in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation).||Presents information using understandable language; information is not organized 4-5 error patterns in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation).||Presents information that is not clear, logical, professional, or organized; reader has difficulty understanding the post; 6 or more error patterns in English grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation).|
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- Design programs that monitor and evaluate outcomes of care, care systems, and quality improvement. (PO 7)
- Evaluate the types of healthcare information systems, knowledge-based systems, and patient care technology and the impact on patient safety, quality of care, and outcome measurement. (PO 7)
- Appraise consumer health information sources for accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness. (PO 7)
- Resolve ethical and legal issues related to the use of information, communication networks, and information and patient care technology. (PO 6)
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.