The aim of this assessment is to analyze a given sample of malware, using static and dynamic analysis and reverse engineering.
Static and dynamic analysis (20%)
- You must use your existing knowledge of static and dynamic analysis methods and tools to analyze the sample
Reverse engineering (10%)
- You must first do some research on assembly control flow constructs (conditional and unconditional). Then you must research how to reverse engineer the sample using suitable tools (e.g. IDA, Olldbg etc.).
- Examining the disassembled code, you should answer the following questions:
- Identify one procedure call. Explain what this function does by stepping through the code and explaining the effects it has on the registers and memory.
- Identify one conditional and one unconditional control flow construct in the code. Again step through the code and explain the effect these constructs have on the stack and registers
The theme of the 2018 Malaysian Budget is “prospering an inclusive economy for the wellbeing of the people towards the National Transformation 50 (NT50) aspiration”. The NT50 (50 years 2000 to 2050) inspiration is an effort by the Government to shape Malaysia’s future and to enhance nation’s economic development, citizen well-being and innovation.
Taxation is in this regard used by the Government as a tool to effect changes and to stimulate the economy whilst maintaining social balance, in the form of codified amendments to the Income Tax Act 1967 and to other tax legislations.
(i) Identify and briefly discuss 3 key income tax issues or measures which concern individual taxpayers that were introduced by the 2018 Budget and state their proposed implementation dates. [6 marks]
(ii) Review the commentaries made by the professional bodies and/or by the press with regards to why the 3 issues identified in item (i) were introduced in the 2018 Budget. [8 marks]
(iii) Identify and briefly explain any 3 tax amendments under the Goods and Services Tax Act (2014) (as amended) made in the 2018 Budget that have aimed to fulfil or achieve the objectives in the “theme of the 2018 Malaysian budget”. [6 marks]
[Total 20 marks]
[Maximum 2,500 words]
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.