Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to classmates or your faculty member.
Before completing this week’s discussion, complete the following steps:
- Review the types of policy analysis in Ch. 3, “Social Welfare Policy Analysis,” including journalistic analysis.
- Visit Congress.gov and review the Top 10 Most-Viewed Bills.
- Select one bill that interests you.
- Research reports of the bill you chose in the media. Note: Try to find information in media written from diverse or opposing perspectives and ideologies in order to form a balanced perspective of the bill. Some examples of media sources are provided below:
- Wall Street Journal
- Fox News
- The Atlantic
- Yahoo News
- The New York Times
Meaningful discussion happens when all parties can contribute and take turns listening to understand. Don’t dominate the discussion, but do make thoughtful contributions and show interest in others’ thoughts. As you craft your response, please be respectful as some of these topics could be sensitive.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Briefly summarize the bill you selected. What is its purpose? What are its key components?
- Briefly summarize the media sources you researched. What differences did you notice in the way the bill was presented in the media sources you chose?
- In your opinion, how does politics or biases impact the way the bill is presented in the media? Support your response with examples from your research.
Cite at least 1 scholarly source to support your thinking.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.