This assignment provides the student with the opportunity to develop a rubric for a written assignment. The assignment requires the identification of a written learning assignment with the purpose and learner clearly noted. The rubric is developed as the MSN student identifies the level of performance, criteria, and descriptors. Self-reflection is included so that the MSN student can consider self-directed improvement.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to do the following.
CO 1: Apply information related to assessment and evaluation in diverse healthcare and academic settings to foster learning. (PO 1)
CO 2: Incorporate caring, professional values and ethics in the application of assessment and evaluation processes to diverse learning activities. (POs 2, 4)
CO 3: Employ a spirit of inquiry and scholarship to foster professional development regarding the use of assessment and evaluation in diverse healthcare and academic settings. (POs 3, 4)
Total Points Possible: 180 points
Description of the Assignment
This assignment requires the student to develop a rubric for a written learning activity. The learning activity must be a written assignment with no PowerPoint, oral, return demonstration, or simulation learning activities to be used. The MSN student may select the focus of the learning activity to be within a nurse professional development or an academic setting.
Criteria for Content
Description of the learning activity required of learners: Within this section, the MSN student provides the following required elements.
- Identification of the purpose of written assignment
- Description of the required WRITTEN learning activity
- Identification of the level of the learner
- Identification of practice setting of the learner (i.e., nurse professional development; academic)
- Provide two learning outcomes for the required written assignment using Bloom’s revised taxonomy
Identification of content and format criteria for the WRITTEN learning activity: Within this section, the MSN student provides the following required elements.
- Identification of three content criteria for the written learning activity
- Explain how each of the three content criteria contribute to the identified learning outcomes
- Transfer each of the three content criteria to the rubric template
- Identification of two format criteria for the written learning activity
- Explain how each of the two format criteria contribute to the identified learning outcomes
- Transfer each of the two format criteria to the rubric template
Identification of performance levels for the learning activity: Within this section, the MSN student provides the following required elements.
- Identification of four performance levels for the written learning activity with a textual description
- Identification of four performance levels for the written learning activity using numerical parameters
- Descriptors of the required performance level are mutually exclusive
- Placement of performance levels in the rubric template
Development of descriptors for each criterion at each level of performance for the learning activity: Within this section, the MSN student provides the following required elements.
- Identification of descriptors for each criterion at each performance level
- Identification of descriptors that are mutually exclusive
- Identification of descriptions that are measurable
- Add descriptors within the rubric template
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
The information related to the following sections is presented using a paragraph style. These sections are noted to be the following.
- Description of the learning activity required of learners
- The rubric for the written assignment is to be presented via the required template located within the Assignment area of NR537.
- Title page and reference page (if needed) must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.