This assignment is designed to enable you to show an understanding of how customers’ expectations of processes, services and products can be met through a company’s operations. It also enables you to describe a business process using the Input, Transformation, Output (ITO) framework and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
You are required to conduct a review of the literature in the subject area of Quality Management. Specifically, how the purpose of quality management systems is to represent and deliver the expectations of customers within business processes.
You are also required to use the ITO framework to describe two operational processes of a specific company and then identify shortcomings in one of the processes and propose solutions for the shortcomings identified. This should take the form of the improvement changes you would like to make. Finally, you have to discuss the challenges to implement the recommended improvement changes.
- (5% of word count) Establish the scenario for the assignment by selecting an organisation of any sector to focus your report on. Describe
- Which organisation is it?
- What are the main products and/or services provided by the organisation?
- Who are the main customers?
- (20% of word count) Describe two operational processes that are needed to deliver those products and services to the customers. Use the ITO framework to map each of the two processes. The framework requires you to identify
- Input Resources
- Transforming activities
- Output products/services
- (45% word count) Prepare a review of the literature on the subject of Quality Management as a reflection of customer expectations. Discuss the authors, their views on the subject and their frameworks describing the concepts, applications and benefits available to business in general and appropriate for an organisation similar to the type you have chosen. Consider at least 8 journal articles no older than 10 years.
- (30%word count) For your chosen organisation, identify potential quality problems (quality gaps that might exist between customer expectations and perceptions) in the operational delivery/design of the processes you have described in item 2 above. Propose improvements to resolve the problems identified and discuss the issue: “What could be the challenges faced by the company to implementation the suggested improvements?”
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.