1) Access the Hospital Compare website (https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html) and select a local hospital. Look at the hospital’s publically reported indicators for Process of Care.
2) Write a paper of 1,200 words that analyzes how the selected hospital performs on these indicators versus two of its competitors. Include your thoughts on the pros and cons of publically reporting these data sets.
3) Refer to the website and incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
References must be used below:
1. CMS Never Events
Read “CMS Never Events” by Drake-Land, located on the Aha Solutions website.
2. Hospital Compare
Access the Hospital Compare website and select a local hospital.
*****NOTE please select from Texas city Temple and Harker Heights Texas- Scott and White Hospital in Temple, and Seton Medical Center in Harker Heights Texas********
3. 10 Years, 5 Voices, 1 Challenge
Read “10 Years, 5 Voices, 1 Challenge” by Larkin, from Hospitals & Health Networks (October 2009).
4. Comparative Effectiveness
Read “Comparative Effectiveness” by Aston, from Hospitals & Health Networks (November 2009).
5. McMann’s, V. (2016). Johns Hopkins study suggest medical errors are third-leading cause of death in U.S. Retrieved from:https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/05/03/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death/
6. Yasgur, B. S., (2012). Should you reveal nonharmful mistakes to patients? Retrieved from:https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/775379_3
7. Fowler, D. M. (2015). Guide to the code of ethics for nurses with interpretive Statements (2nd Ed.). Silver Springs, MD: ISBN-13: 978-1-55810-603-1
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.