Reference/Textbook: Secret of Power Negotiating (3rd Edition)
Author/s: Dawson, R. (2011) – Franklin Lakes, NJ: The Career Press.
You are the lead singer and manager of a new and quickly rising band, Everyone—from record companies, movie producers, video game producers, magazine editors, and the like—is approaching you. As described in Chapter 26 of the text, you do not want to make the same mistakes Brian Epstein, the manager of the Beatles, made when they made their first movie easily losing the band millions in lost revenue. You have been asked to now take your band to support the troops in a number of war zones. You do not want to engender negative press coverage and agree to a contract with the U.S.O. and Armed Forces Radio.
Write an eight (8) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the steps that would have helped a negotiator / manager like Brian Epstein to prevent media and entertainment industries from taking advantage of his / her lack of experience with these industries.
- Indicate the basic skills that you believe you need to effectively negotiate with those individuals mentioned in the scenario. Justify your response.
- Compare and contrast at least two (2) different negotiation approaches that you would use when negotiating with the individuals mentioned in the scenario. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Outline a plan for your contract negotiation in which you specify at least two (2) different strategies that you can utilize, as needed, during the negotiation process.
- Stress the fundamental reasons why it is important for you, as a negotiator, to set the terms of the contract for your band, as opposed to allowing the opposing negotiation team to set those terms. Present two (2) reasons why you would not want to allow industry members to write the contract. Justify your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the skills and behavior needed for effective negotiations
- Understand and apply the various negotiating strategies.
- Demonstrate the need to plan, organize, direct, and control as an effective negotiator.
- Distinguish contracts and purchasing negotiation activities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.