Jane is elated. The Board approved her proposal and Rockfish budgeted for a new KM manager to join her team. While the department idea is not being funded right now Rockfish thinks that in a year they may be able to increase the budget to fund the department. In the meantime, Jane can get a KM person on board and they can begin to create a KM plan. To this end Jane (you) is excited to write a short memo to the head of HR explaining the decisions reached and the importance of the KM position. Include a separate section containing the job description for the KM position for Global Delivery Direct’s new KM manager. In your memo, you will include the following information as well as the reasons behind the choices. This information will help HR to screen the applications before sending them to Jane:
- The function you expect a KM manager to fill and its contribution to running an effective and sustainable contemporary business environment;
- The job tasks they would perform;
- The KM skills you want your manager to have immediately;
- The skills they would need to meet KM trends for the future; and
- An explanation of the reasons for wanting a person with these skills for GDD;
- Do not make this a generic managerial job description: in addition to “typical” skills (managing people, setting deadlines, etc.) this job description MUST be focused on the specific skills for the GDD KM manager. Remember all that you have learned over the past 8 weeks and be sure to consider KM processes that we have covered.
- BY FRIDAY, complete the following:
- Create and post your job description using the information provided in this discussion.
- Be sure to click on and use the information provided in the links, below.
- You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.
Instructions: How to Set Up the Memo
Use a Memo Template from Office 365 (Professional Memo Style)
- Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product should be 2-3 pages in length, exclusive of the required title and reference pages.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- The memo must be typewritten and addressed to Ernestine Borgnine.
- The body of the memo should consist of a heading for the job description and a heading for the explanation.
- APA and writing are a focus of this memo and should be executed with the utmost attention to detail.
- You will need to cite source information as you would need to be ready to explain where information derived. Should you need help in any of these areas of APA or writing, please refer to the APA module located in the content area of the course or ask the professor for guidance.
Resources to use in addition to class material:
- How to write a good job description
- Careers in Knowledge management
- What are the top skills for knowledge managers today?
- Monster Job Posts
- KM pay scale
- Knowledge Management Positions and Roles
- 17 Hot Knowledge Management Trends for 2021
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.