Select an issue that has recently been negotiated in an area of interest to you. The project is to be completed must use a minimum of seven (7) works cited, with all works also properly cited using APA in-text citations.
- Summarize your reasons as to why the group chose this negotiation.
- Explain the history between the sides in the negotiation you selected.
- Identify the chief negotiators (by name) on each side and state their positions.
- Strategy: Describe in detail the strategy each negotiator is using to achieve their desired outcome.
- Tactics: Describe and evaluate three specific tactics each side is using to advance their strategy.
- Critique how the strategy and tactics each side is using is affecting their position.
- Describe the strategy and tactics your group would use to achieve your desired outcome in the same negotiation.
- The use of industry terms and concepts discussed in class is expected
- Identify when and where the negotiations began.
- Describe the main issues/barriers that separate each side.
- Explain what is at stake in this negotiation and how it affects the balance of power.
- Identify and describe which side has the most relative bargaining power and why.
- Explain what the other side can do to increase its power.
3. Strategy and Tactics
Note: Use of terminology discussed in class and in the textbook and specific examples from your negotiation is required in this section.
4. External Factors
- Explain how the negotiation contains elements of both cooperation and competition. Provide insight and examples from your research.
- Assess the outside influences prevalent in the negotiation (such as time, media coverage, financial implications, clients, employees, etc.) and describe the impact each has on the negotiation process.
- In your opinion did the media impact the negotiation? Explain why or why not using detailed examples.
- Analyze the negotiation process and explain the impact and/or effect of the final outcome.
- Discuss your opinion of the negotiation supporting your opinion with detailed examples.
- Each team member must explain in detail what you learned from your research of this case and how it will benefit you in the future.
- Cover Page with Student’s Names, Course Number and Title, Date and Topic
- Paper will be a minimum of 15 pages in length (15 pages is at least 3,750 words – and yes, we will count them); All sections must be completed for credit
- 12 point font, double spaced, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, free of grammatical and spelling errors (this is APA style)
- Reference Page with a minimum of seven (7) works cited and in-text citations
- Organization – put sections in order, title each section and list the question above the answer
A. Summarize your reasons as to why you chose this negotiation.
B. Explain the history between the sides in the negotiation you selected.
The project will be graded using the rubric based on the following:
- Applicability of Final Project – You must demonstrate that you have gained the knowledge and skills to discuss the art of negotiations.
- Strategy and Tactics – You must demonstrate that you completely understand the use of tactics and how they affect your strategies. Use of terminology discussed in class and in the textbook and specific examples from your negotiation is required.
- Proof of your Ability to Think Critically – This will be demonstrated through your development of concepts and ideas within the project. Do you provide clear ideas, reasoning, and any primary or secondary support or analysis for your ideas in a clear and understandable manner?
- Quality of Your Analysis, Ideas, and Positions – How much do you understand the subject you are writing about? How well supported are your ideas? Did you adequately research your topic and conduct the due diligence necessary for a comprehensive analysis? Have you completely answered all the required sections and questions?
- Quality of Writing – Your writing must be clear and concise with no spelling or grammatical errors. You must follow APA format and use proper works cited documentation.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.