Review the Portfolio Project assignment instructions before beginning this assignment. Adhere to the following standards:
• Your outline should be 1-2 pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
• It can be either a topic or sentence outline and should include information from at least 3 scholarly references (a total of at least 5 references are required for the final paper).
• The Economics Library Guide (Links to an external site.) is a good tool to use for your research (sources such as The Balance, EconomicsHelp.org, Investopedia, and similar websites are not acceptable).
• Keep in mind that the more detail you include in your outline now, the easier it will be to write your paper from this outline later.
Here is the final portfolio project assignment instructions:
Economic Analysis of a Domestic Firm
Choose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not complete both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission.
Select a Fortune 500 company (use this list for help identifying companies: http://fortune.com/fortune500/ (Links to an external site.)). Look up the company’s annual report (Fortune (Links to an external site.) conveniently provides links to the annual reports for these companies). In a paper, (you might find this link (Links to an external site.) helpful for reading an annual report):
• Identify background information on the company, including the company name, ticker (stock) symbol, GICS Sector, and GICS Sub Industry.
• Summarize the products the company produces and sells and who their target customers are.
• Describe factors that could shift the demand curve for the company’s product(s) (see the risk factors discussed in the K-10).
• Describe factors that could shift the supply curve for the company’s product(s) (see the risk factors discussed in the K-10).
• Describe whether the company’s product(s) would be expected to have an elastic demand or inelastic demand.
• Discuss the firm’s profitability with an explanation of the difference between accounting profit and economic profit.
• Examine the costs the company incurs and discuss whether the majority of costs are fixed or variable in nature.
• Describe the market structure that best describes the market the firm is in (see modules 5 and 6).
• Analyze how the market structure affects the profitability and pricing power of the firm.
Adhere to the following standards:
• Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
• Your paper should include at least 5 scholarly (library, not Google) sources (use the Economics Library Guide (Links to an external site.) to start your research).
• Sources such as The Balance, EconomicsHelp.org, Investopedia, and similar websites are not acceptable.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.