Assignment Type: Report
Assignment Description: Improving Health Outcomes
Word count: 1500 words
Unit Learning Outcomes:
- 1. Discuss emerging technologies and their use in the contemporary health care environment.
- 3. Examine the global and local political, legal and social influences effecting contemporary nursing practice.
- 4. Analyse current research trends in the health care environment and their translation to nursing practice.
- Access your feedback via Grades.
- All unit assessments are subject to a robust moderation process. Note that results are not final until they are released at the end of semester.
This assessment requires you to write a report that discusses a contemporary nursing issue in a structured format. A report is divided into headings and subheadings to present facts about a situation or topic.
Topic: Discuss the benefits and risks of using social media in contemporary healthcare.
The format of your report and any innovative ideas you use to present your topic should cover the following sections and also the points to consider below.
For this assessment you need to use the following headings:
- A good introduction is interesting and tells the reader:
- what the report is all about- provide definitions and reference
- A little bit about why this is important
- Outlines for the reader what you will be discussing in the rest of the report
- Consider the different social media platforms that can be used.
- The uses of social media by healthcare workers in contemporary healthcare
- Discuss the professional guidelines for using social media
- Use the headings political, legal and social issues
- Under the above headings
- Consider the dangers of using social media to patients, healthcare workers and the community.
- Consider ethical issues and limitations with using this technology.
- For political issues consider the agenda setting and political communication used by the public- vaccination may be an example of this
- Use the headings support networks, professional nurse, improving patient outcomes communication
- Under the above headings
- Consider the benefits of using social media to patients, healthcare workers and the community.
- A ‘good’ conclusion should summarise all the points raised within the discussion. Please note there should be NO references within your conclusion as no new information should be presented here.
- This should include an alphabetical full end text reference list of all in-text references used. Please note that online referencing software systems are usually incorrect. You need to follow the APA 7 style as per the ECU referencing guide. This can be downloaded from the library. This assignment requires a minimum of 10 references with at least 5 of these being academic journal articles. The references should be no older than 5 years. However, some material related to this topic is older so references up to 10 years can be used as long as the information has not been superseded by newer material. All references need to be from reputable sources. Do not use lecture notes as references.
- Please use the assignment template provided within the current SNM Assignment Guidelines (note: there have been a few changes re layout, etc.)
- Only submit via TurnItIn, no hardcopy required.
- Make sure you use approved abbreviations and write in the third person.
- Your report should facilitate peer learning: use an appropriate language level suitable for RNs, not mums and dads! Ensure that content is relevant to nursing practice, i.e. sufficient depth of information but not too detailed.
- Support your discussion with relevant and recent literature and websites. Use peer-reviewed articles, evidence based research and best practice guidelines (Australian and international if relevant, e.g. WHO). Do not use public access medical websites designed for non-health professionals, eg. eMedicine, MayoClinic, BetterHealthChannel, GPNotes,etc. This assignment requires a minimum of 10 references with at least 5 of these being academic journal articles. The references should be no older than 5 years. However, some material related to this topic is older so references up to 10 years can be used as long as the information has not been superseded. All references need to be from reputable sources. Do not use lecture notes as references.
- Read the marking criteria of the rubric; it is a good guide for how much emphasis needs to be placed on each section.
- You will need to include title page and table of contents – Please refer to the school of nursing and midwifery guide for presentation [add link]. Your paragraphs need to be logical and clearly formed. Do not use dot points or direct quotations for this assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment or any other? We got you! Place your order and leave the rest to our experts.